Texas Injury Lawyer

The Law Offices of C.D. Cowan, P.C.

Contact us now



What should I do if I am hurt on the job?

  • First, write down everything that happened, names of people who saw the accident, dates, and the injuries you sustained.
  • Second, call or contact our law firm. Hiring us increases your chances of getting appropriate medical treatment and income benefits. Our goal is to make sure you get the medical treatment and income benefits you deserve under the current law.
  • Third, report the accident (preferably in writing) to your boss within 30 days of the injury.
  • Fourth, complete a DWC Form-041, Employee’s Claim for Compensation for a Work-Related Injury or Occupational Disease (Click here to download) and return it to the Workers Compensation Division of the Texas Department of Insurance within 1 year (assistance from an experienced attorney is strongly suggested in the completion of this form)

What is not covered by workers compensation insurance?

  • Injuries while intoxicated (drugs and/or alcohol)
  • Willful attempt to injure oneself
  • Participation in recreational social activity which are not sponsored by an employer
  • Injured employee’s horseplay that produces or causes an injury

What does my employer have to give me?

  • Notice of coverage
  • Copy of Injured Employee Rights and Responsibilities
  • Copy of First Report
  • Notice regarding certain work-related communicable disease
  • Notify employees of their right to choose any doctor on the approved doctor list (ADL)
  • Notify employees that they are required to inform all providers they filed a workers compensation claim with their employer

If you have been injured on the job, contact The Law Offices of C.D. Cowan, P.C. today.